Examples of eligible retention supports include:
- Maximum $1,300.00 per year
- Directly paid to service provider (upon receipt only)
- Maximum payable amount $2500.00
- Post-secondary application processing fee:
- Maximum payable amount of $300.00
- Proof of registration fee (by reimbursement only)
- Maximum $200.00 per year to a maximum of 2 years
- By reimbursement only or direct pay
- Accommodation software for students with identified learning and/or disabilities such as but not limited to: Dragon Naturally Speaking, Word Prediction Software, Electronic Day Timer.
- By reimbursement or direct pay
*Note: To access these supports a completed Financial Needs Assessment (FNA) must be completed.
- To meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements you must be:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 15 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- A desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals.
- Be enrolled in high school full-time as evident by proof of timetable. Exceptions for part-time and or post-secondary students may apply based off of individual circumstances. Clients will be approved by the Service Delivery Manager on a case-by-case basis.
- Unemployed and or underemployed
- Client must provide monthly submissions to Youth Service Officer of prior month attendance as well as commit to monthly in-person check-ins. Must achieve 85% attendance each month and/or not have more than three inexcusable absences.
- Must provide written documentation verifying the high school will not provide public (school bus and/or city bus transportation to/near residence.
- Exceptions to the above rules only in rare circumstances (i.e: CAS custody agreements, ceremonies, co-ops, children in sports). These exceptions are subject to the review and approval of Service Delivery Manager.
- Newly employed. Only accepting those who are in their first month of employment. Must provide employment verification.
Maximum funding limits may apply in any given year and are at any time subject to a financial needs assessment for continued support of participants.
This program is proudly sponsored by Government of Canada
How to Apply
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer to be included in our ongoing inventory of applicants.