The Oya:na Program will be rotating throughout NPAAMB’s five catchment areas (Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, Fort Erie).
Upcoming Program Dates
2019 Program Dates & Locations*:
- January 29 – April 12 (St. Catharines)
- March 19 – May 31 (Hamilton)
- May 14 – July 26 (Fort Erie)
- July (TBD) (Kitchener)
- July 2 – September 13 (Brantford)
- August 20 – November 1 (St. Catharines)
- September 3 – November 15 (Kitchener)
- October 15, 2019 – January 3, 2020 (Hamilton)
2020 Program Dates & Locations*:
- January 20 – March 27 (Kitchener)
- January 20 – March 27 (Brantford)
*Subject to change
- To meet minimum NPAAMB eligibility requirements you must be:
- A registered NPAAMB client (if you are not, contact your local YSO to schedule an intake appointment).
- Reside within one of the following catchment areas: Kitchener-Waterloo, Brantford, Hamilton, St. Catharines, or Fort Erie and Niagara Falls (proof of residency may be required).
- Self-identify as an Aboriginal person (status/non-status First Nation, Inuit, or Metis).
- 18 to 30 years of age at the time of intake/selection.
- A desire to learn, participate, and accomplish personal career goals.
- Out of school, unemployed or underemployed.
- If participant is a previous NPAAMB client, must demonstrate successful completion of prior interventions.
- Commitment to full attendance and conduct expectations.
This program is proudly sponsored by
- Government of Ontario – Ontario Poverty and Reduction Strategy
- Government of Canada
|Starts||May 14, 2019|
|Ends||July 26, 2019|
|Duration||4 days/week for 11 weeks|
|Cost||100% of funding covered by NPAAMB|
How to Apply
To register, please contact your regional Youth Service Officer to be included in our ongoing inventory of applicants.